Sat, Mar 11|
Nutritionally FIT Workshop: Ferment your way to good gut health
Build a healthy gut and boost your immune system with our hands-on workshop from your kitchen! Learn how to make Fermented Buckwheat Bread, Nuts and Garlic.
Time & Location
Mar 11, 2023, 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. EST
About the Event
Discover the exciting world of fermented foods in this interactive, virtual workshop. Learn the basics, get new recipe ideas and make your own jar of fermented foods for optimal gut health.
Did you know your gut health plays a huge role in your overall health? The right balance of good bacteria supports your immune system, digestion, mental health and much more. And one amazing way to boost your gut bacteria is by eating fermented foods.
Want to learn how to make gut-healthy ferments at home? Join holistic nutritionist Tanya Robertson and fermentation enthusiast Kathryn Armstrong at this fun, X-hour virtual workshop.
What to expect
- Learn the basics of fermentation. We’ll have a brief discussion about the benefits of making and eating fermented foods.
- Watch as we show you three different fermentation recipes—fermented garlic, nuts and buckwheat bread.
- Roll up your sleeves and make your very own jar of to-be fermented food. (Don’t worry, Tanya and Kathryn will guide you every step of the way.)
- Plus, Tanya will share four simple nutrition habits that you can add to your daily routine.
Meet your presenters
Tanya Roberston Organizer & host Owner, Personalized Fitness
Tanya is a holistic nutritionist and health coach with 30 years of industry experience. She helps her clients stay accountable to their health goals through nutrition support, personal training, yoga, sound bathing and more. She holds a Natural Nutrition Diploma from the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition, a canfitpro™ Nutritional & Wellness Specialist certificate and has taken various nutrition and health courses at the University of Ottawa.
Kathryn Armstrong Main presenter
Kathryn has been growing, preserving and fermenting food for many years. She enjoys hosting workshops with Tanya to share her passion for at-home fermentation with other food enthusiasts. When she’s not exploring new ways to ferment foods, she works as Family Resource Worker in an early learning program.
- After you register, you’ll get a confirmation email with details on what ingredients and supplies you’ll need for the workshop. You’ll also get a link and password for our Zoom room.
- Can’t attend live? Not to worry! We’ll send out a recording on the same day to everyone who registered.
- We will leave the last 10-15minute of the workshop open for any questions you may have.
Sharing simple nutrition habits that people can add to their daily routines & a hands-on demo on how to make gut-healthy fermented foods at home.$45.00Tax: +$5.85 HST
Special - Workplace Group Rate
Sharing simple nutrition habits that people can add to their daily routines & a hands-on demo on how to make gut-healthy fermented foods at home.$300.00Tax: +$39.00 HST